Real programmers have automated tests for all of their software.
GrandTestAuto (GTA) is a platform for the complete automated testing of Java software - a sort of JUnit on steroids. The advantages of GTA are:
- It enforces a policy of complete unit test coverage of our software.
- GTA makes it extremely easy to run just a range of unit tests. This can be within a class, within a package or within a set of packages.
- It can run unit, application-level and load tests.
- Tests can be distributed across a number of machines on a network.
- GTA is extremely simple and has no need for complex XML files or abstruse annotations.
- The configuration of GTA is with a very simple text file that allows package and class name abbreviations to save typing.
- It integrates well with Ant, CruiseControl, TeamCity and so on.